Designed to achieve wealth creation and preservation through all market cycles.
Preserving capital and limiting risk is the foundation of LDIC’s investment philosophy. Our approach to opportunities consistently focuses on value creation and realization. Our objective is to maximize client assets through preserving capital, managing risk, compounding returns, and selecting the best investments, while reducing transaction costs. Our method relies on the most capable portfolio managers and analysts, supported by technology - not the reverse.
Through careful understanding of our clients’ objectives and individual risk tolerance, the Firm develops and implements specific asset allocation policies for each client and their unique investment needs. Portfolios are individually supervised and investments are selected for suitability to a client’s investment objectives. Each client’s personal financial circumstances and investment temperament are carefully discussed and mutually agreed upon to provide a worry-free service. Our careful attention to individual needs and investment objectives is the hallmark of our approach.
Our team invests their own money alongside that of our clients. We do not constrain our investment practices to rigid trading programs, whereby more emphasis may be placed on following the program, than on analysis of specific companies and the market conditions. Seeking unique investment opportunities, such as undervalued companies whose growth potential is yet to be realized by the marketplace, is another way we strive to lead. To support our approach, we blend thorough fundamental analysis with technical research to create value for our clients. Our technology supports our acumen.
Our performance is the result of our disciplined approach. At LDIC, we use a value-oriented approach to preserve your capital while generating investment growth to meet your needs. Our money is invested alongside yours. It is in our best interest for you to achieve your investment goals.
What you get when you invest with LDIC
- Customized investment portfolios to meet your unique investment objectives
- Open communication with LDIC’s professionals
- Consistent investment decisions based on a value philosophy
- Diversified portfolios
- Low portfolio turnover leading to reduced trading costs (and greater tax efficiency for taxable accounts)
The large number and different types of investment products and mutual funds being offered today can misdirect even an experienced investor. With the current level of complexity, rapidly changing market conditions and constant new business developments affecting investments, busy people lack sufficient time to develop a knowledge base for proper management and regular monitoring of their investments.
To properly evaluate, compare and select the right securities for your situation, takes an investment of time, development of knowledge and acquisition of skill. With our professional support, our clients are able to focus on making informed decisions; we do the ground work.
LDIC has experienced qualified and professional personnel to look after your investment portfolio, make recommended changes and properly manage your investments according to your individual needs and financial objectives.
For private client families, the minimum account size is $250,000.
To protect and give you peace of mind, we neither hold nor handle any of your securities or cash. Instead, your assets are held in a segregated account at a custodian. Your account is governed by a separate custodial agreement between you and our custodians. This means that we are always at arm’s length from your actual assets. We manage the investment of your accounts under a signed investment management contract with you. Under this arrangement, the custodian holds all cash and securities in trust, which means the bank will hold all your securities and cash in a segregated account in your name.
A managed portfolio is when discretionary authorization is given by the client on a continuous basis. A client’s investment portfolios are managed usually for a management fee. No Investment Advisor may handle a managed account unless approved as a Portfolio Manager. The client gives written authority, which is renewed annually.
With a managed account, the manager will make decisions and execute trades without contacting the client. If the client does not want to be involved in the day to day activity of their account, then a managed account is likely appropriate. Managed accounts are long-term arrangements.
- We provide in-depth quarterly reporting in a clear and concise manner.
- We also provide online viewing for your portfolio and we encourage ongoing communication to ensure financial objectives and expectations are being met.
- The custodian provides monthly reporting of your portfolio when activity occurs.
- Our investment philosophy is to maximize our clients’ assets through preserving capital, managing risk, compounding returns and selecting the best investments, while reducing taxes and transaction costs.
- On another note regarding fees, no exit fees are charged if a client decides to withdraw their investments from LDIC Inc. Simply write a letter and your account will be closed effective the date we receive the letter.
- Our Clients are always aware of the amount of fees they will be charged. There will be no hidden charges, no trailing fee commissions and no front-end/back-end loaded fees.
- Our performance fee strategy demonstrates our confidence, while providing a competitive rate of return for our clients.
We use three mutual funds for those clients whose portfolios do not meet our minimum asset size but who still desire access to the expertise of our portfolio manage, who exclusively manages the Funds daily.
LDIC’s portfolio managers review your portfolio frequently to ensure it complies with your policy. In addition, before any transaction, we review your account to make sure the transaction will be compliant with your policy. The transaction will only be applied to your account if it passes this compliance check.
We apply the strategic, value-oriented investment philosophy and approach to every client’s account. We take your specific and personal investment objectives, policy and constraints into account when applying our philosophy on your behalf.
Thus, your portfolio will reflect your unique needs and preferences while also reflecting our consistent LDIC investment approach.
LDIC’s only source of revenue is investment management fees based on the value of the assets in your account. Our investment management fees are competitive with other investment counseling fees.
Our custodians also apply a trading execution commission.
There are no costs, no fees and no penalties involved in opening or closing your LDIC account.
It is always easy to add to your account, or to remove money for an unexpected need that may arise.
LDIC maintains a detailed written policy manual covering all aspects of our operations. The guiding principles behind all of our policies are:
- Our clients’ interests must always come first
- All clients are to be treated equitably and fairly
- As previously mentioned, your assets are placed with a 3rd party custodian and never solely under our control.
Our performance is the result of the disciplined approach of our counselor’s investment philosophy.
At LDIC, we use a value-oriented approach to preserve your capital while generating investment growth to meet your needs. You will meet directly with LDIC partners — owners of our firm whose financial well-being is directly tied to your own.
As a LDIC client you can expect:
- Customized portfolios to meet your unique investment needs
- Open communication with LDIC’s senior professionals
- Consistent investment decisions based on a value philosophy
- Diversified portfolios
- Low portfolio turnover – reduced trading costs (and, for taxable accounts, greater tax efficiency)
It is easy to be confused by the large number and different types of investment products and mutual funds being offered today. To properly evaluate, compare and select the right investments for your situation, takes time, knowledge and experience.
Most busy people today lack the time and knowledge base to properly manage and regularly monitor their investments, especially considering rapidly changing market conditions and constant new business developments that may affect some of their investments.
We have professional, qualified, and experienced personnel who can look after your investment portfolio, make recommended changes and properly manage your investments according to your individual investment needs and investment objectives.